quit X

Track Records

quit X

Live from the Track

Call 07 4092 5788
What’s On

What's On

International Track


* Dates and events are subject to changes, please call 0740925788 for confirmation.


How do I get to MakoTrac?

The only way to MakoTrac is by car or motorbike.
Bus services run up to Mareeba on a daily basis.
It's also possible to take a taxi from Mareeba to Makotrac. 

Is there public transport to MakoTrac?


Do I have to book in advance?

No you can just arrive, register and then drive. Bookings are highly recommended for 10+ people. Occasionally we can be
fully booked out and to avoid disappointment we recommend you give us a call.
you arrive and have to wait before a track session is available.

Can I pay by credit card?

We accept Visa and Mastercard.  American Express incurs a 3% surcharge.

Am I automatically insured when racing?


Can I pay a deposit for group bookings online?

Yes.  Endurance race bookings require full pre payment.

Which is the best time of day to visit?

Anytime between 10 am - 4.30 pm.  If you are worried about availability give us a call. 
During the hotter months usually from 10am, or after
2 pm in the afternoon are the coolest temperatures.

What is the latest time to register to race?

4.30 pm in the afternoon.

What is the latest time to play mini golf?

4 pm in the afternoon.

How much does it cost?

Please refer to the current price list available Price list.

Can children race at MakoTrac?

Yes, there are special karts (Bambini class bookings required for this class) available for children from 4 years, those
drivers will need be taught.  The minimum age for Junior karts is 7 years and usually a minimum
height of 115cm to reach the pedals, the length to reach the pedals may vary depending on the length of the lower body .
Driver's under 18 years of age will a need parent or guardian to sign the waiver form.

Do I get training and instructions before I race?

Yes, MakoTrac staff will fully brief you on the track and the karts before you go. Since 2013 it has been considered
Australian Law that all drivers need to be briefed. They will also help you as much as possible to have a safe and
enjoyable time at Makotrac.  » more information about safety

Can I rent a helmet at the track?

Yes, helmets are provided free of charge. You can also rent closed footwear, gloves, and goggles, if required.

What do I need to wear?

It is compulsory to wear fully covered shoes, as in sneakers, runners, boots. This is because you are operating mechanically pedals.
Clothing needs to be need and tidy, no long or loose clothing that could potentially get caught into the axle or moving parts. Extremely dangerous!
No scarfs, loose jackets, loose or large dresses, loose cardigans, burkas or hajibs. Drivers with religious requirements can have the staff arrange
a full suit and balaclava. 

What do I have to do to race a fast kart?

All drivers have to start with the standard kart, each driver wanting to upgrade their star rating will need be assessed qualify.
» more information about star grading

Do I need a drivers licence to race?

No, but you will need to provide some sort of reputable photo identification.

I am under 18. Can I sign the indemnity form?

No. Your legal guardian (over 18) must sign this for you (compulsory requirement).

What happens if I damage a kart?

You have to pay for any damage caused.

What happens if another racer runs into my kart?

That racer will have to pay for any damage caused.

What happens in case of an accident?

Everybody has to sign an indemnity form and is responsible for their own actions, including injury to oneself or others or MakoTrac property. » Nomination Form

I have got a CAMS, AKA or other national or international racing licence. Can I upgrade to the quickest kart immediately?

Yes if you have a recent AKA C grade licence that is not expired more than 2 years, we can let you start on the appropriate class. For CAMS licence you have to verify your driving skill level to MakoTrac staff by starting off with the One Star kart. Once you have established your credentials you may be upgraded to a more powerful kart. Any upgrade is entirely at the discretion of MakoTrac staff and there is no entitlement to be upgraded at any time.

Is there supervision at the track to ensure adults and children can race safely?

Yes, any racing activity is monitored continuously by MakoTrac staff. Staff have the ability to shut down any kart at any time to stop any dangerous on-track behaviour.

Can I bring some friends and we can all race together?

Yes, MakoTrac permits usually up to 8 karts on the track at the same time, for special events may be up to 17 karts depending on kart availability . This will be dependent of the skill level of the total group. Safety is paramount. 

Do I have to wear glasses when racing a go kart?

Sunglasses are recommended to reduce glare, and can be worn underneath our full face helmets.

Is there food and drink available at MakoTrac?

Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are available at the Cafeteria.

I have consumed alcohol. Can I race?


Can I bring my own alcoholic drinks?

No. No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises.

Can I bring my own food?

Yes, within limits.

Is MakoTrac a smoke-free environment?

Yes, but there are certain designated smoking areas.

It is raining in Cairns. Is the track open?

If it rains in Cairns there is a 90% chance that MakoTrac/Mareeba will be dry. You may also call us and verify if the track is open.

Can I race a kart in wet conditions?

Yes. You have to adapt your speed and distance to other karts on the track. However if the track is too wet the Makotrac staff may cease all driving. High horsepower karts will not be permitted to drive during wet weather.